Followers

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Action Research Impacts Me Most of All



As an educator there are times that I’ve questioned myself and wondered what I could have done better or how I could reach more students.  It seems that action research will help me in several ways.  By helping me formulate a wondering that will impact my teaching or my school.  These questions will allow me to investigate areas for personal growth and for the impact of student achievement.  My wanderings will take me on a journey that will allow me to collect data, analyze results and formulate plans that will impact students.  As a principal the experience will keep me focused on the true purpose of a principal which is to impact the students, the teachers and the community.  It will help keep me connected to other principals or to teachers as we collaborate to propel our school and students to a higher level of achievement and success. 
I feel the most important thing about action research is that it will give me time to explore and time to change my thought process.  It will be a part of something I am involved in and care about. A problem or a concern which I see and want to change.  Our beliefs are not always in line with what we do.  Sometimes it is because we see other evidence that makes the challenge harder.  But having the opportunity to really evaluate the data and make adjustments along the way can really change our stand, our beliefs, and our willingness to overcome obstacles. 
I am excited about the possibilities ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment